Here is a picture of my the modified concept. The original concept had the disc level, with the portal either on top or suspended below.The disc will be pitched approximately 25 degrees from horizontal. This will allow a larger diameter pipe to fit onto a disc with a height profile of one inch.
The pipe I first purchased turned out to be of too narrow a diameter to achieve the visual effect I wanted. I was getting ready to head to the hardware store to get some PVC pipe, when I discovered the perfect replacement. I used a shampoo bottle to create the portal. This saved me money and a trip to the store. The bottle proved to be easier to work with than the PVC would have. Still, it took quite a bit of work cutting the bottle to fit to the disc.

I came up with a better way to represent the power matrix. More on that later. Still working out exactly how to represent the gauss flux arc weapons.

RC is a pusher, I tell you, a peddler of the cheap drug known as Blogspot! How many more innocents will he coerce into joining him on the dark path of rampant oversharing?!? And where the deuce is Lil!?! We've gotta make like the ending of "Freaks": "One of Us, one of Us..."
ReplyDeleteBut I guess, since this is your first comment and all, you'd like at least a portion of it to be about you. Well done, Fellow Lemming! Everything looks great so far.